Copy/paste selection of a pdf on Mac
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99067] Copy/paste selection of a pdf on Mac
- From: "A. B." <functionalcoatings at gmail.com>
- Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 01:37:06 -0400 (EDT)
I think this has more to do with Apple than Mathematica:
- Select a portion of a pdf file in Preview.app and copy to the clipboard,
- Paste in Mathematica.
This results in the whole pdf page being pasted in Mathematica. Researching
on the web showed that this same behaviour was observed with Keynote at some
point but it has since been fixed.
It has to do with a new so-called "non-destructive" way that Preview now
uses for cropping. The application where the pasting is done needs to be
made aware of this change on the part of Apple. Thus, on my 10.5.6 system,
pasting works well with Pages and Keynote (iWork 9).
A workaround is to paste in one of these applications, copy the pdf image
and paste it in Mathematica. This works as expected.
Prev by Date:
"A very large output was generated. Here is a sample of it:"
Next by Date:
Re: Replace elements in structured list
Previous by thread:
Re: "A very large output was generated. Here is a sample of it:"
Next by thread:
Re: Copy/paste selection of a pdf on Mac