Ted Erseks RootSearch Package $MinPrecision

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg99148] Ted Erseks RootSearch Package $MinPrecision
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 04:48:00 -0400 (EDT)

I used the RootSearch package again in Mathematica Version 7.0.1. Now
each time I call the RootSearch function I get the warning

$MinPrecision::precset: Cannot set $MinPrecision to -\[Infinity]; value
must be a non-negative number or Infinity.

If I remember correctly, I didn't get this warning in Version 5.x

Was there a change in $MinPrecision?

Would it be sure to simply switch the warning  off?

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany --