New Wolfram Tutorial Collection documentation is ready

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99244] New Wolfram Tutorial Collection documentation is ready
  • From: Bob F <deepyogurt at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 06:32:34 -0400 (EDT)

I got e-mail today from Wolfram saying that the new "Tutorial
Collection" documents are ready for downloading of the PDF or HTML
files, or purchase of the hardcopy. There are 23 volumes that take up
about 354 MB if you downloaded them all (about 3668 pages according to
Wolfram). I wonder if these are readable by any of the e-book readers
like Kindle or the Sony or ??? If anyone knows please let us know ...
I am sure this will be exciting nighttime reading ;-) You could buy a
Kindle for the cost of these books. But will it or the Sony show them
correctly??

-Bob

ps -- the URL for these is http://www.wolfram.com/learningcenter/tutorialcollection/
and apparently there are a few volumes that are not finished or they
are out of stock, so if you want the printed volumes the website for
purchasing them said there may be a 2-3 week delay for the few volumes
that fall into this category (see
http://store.wolfram.com/view/book/tutorial/?Qualifier=COMM&check=ISBN9781579550707
) Also note that the hardcopy books are printed in black & white (not
color like the PDF and HTML versions are).