Re: Slow start to AstronomicalData[]

> My solution was to collect the data I needed, and save it in a file.
> Then the program read the file at startup, rather than calling the
> relevant .....Data function.
>
> David Baileyhttp://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk

Thanks, David.  In this case there are functions as well as data,
though...  Unless I looped to compute solar position vs time-of-day,
date, lat, and long, and interpolated (yuch).

We have some separate Fortran/C routines for computing solar position,
so I'll probably end up either making command-line utils from them
(and calling from Mathematica), or recoding them in Mathematica itself.