Re: Slow start to AstronomicalData
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg102187] Re: Slow start to AstronomicalData
- From: Chonny <jconant at aerodyne.com>
- Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 03:56:51 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> My solution was to collect the data I needed, and save it in a file. > Then the program read the file at startup, rather than calling the > relevant .....Data function. > > David Baileyhttp://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk Thanks, David. In this case there are functions as well as data, though... Unless I looped to compute solar position vs time-of-day, date, lat, and long, and interpolated (yuch). We have some separate Fortran/C routines for computing solar position, so I'll probably end up either making command-line utils from them (and calling from Mathematica), or recoding them in Mathematica itself.