Question concerning Manipulate

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102392] Question concerning Manipulate
  • From: "actuary at mchsi.com" <actuary at mchsi.com>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2009 04:35:38 -0400 (EDT)

To:  All

I'm trying to develop some elementary Notebooks that can be used by
students to "explore" the mathematical concepts of of linear
equations, slope, solutions of systems of linear equations, etc.

I'm using the "Manipulate" command.  My question is "Is it possible to
use values created by sliders inside of a Manipulate command outside
of the command."  If "yes", how?

Thanks

Larry