"Mathematica could not establish a connection to the kernel.

Hello,
I just have reinstalled my Windows 2000 and installed Mathematica 5.2
and 7.01. And in both cases I have got the following error when trying
to evaluate anything:
"Mathematica could not establish a connection to the kernel.
Kernel: Local.
Low-level MathLink error: Unknown internal error."

In the case of Mathematica 5.2 I have solved the problem by following
trick: I have copied two files in the root directory of Mathematica
5.2:
ml32i1.dll
ml32i2.dll
But this trick does not work in the case of Mathematica 7.01.

Can anybody help me?