How to get plot Exclusions for a numerical function?

I have a complex analytic function that I'm computing numerically, and
it has branch cuts along arbitrary curves that I can't know
beforehand. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get Exclusions-
like functionality from Plot3D for this case?

With the allowed form "Exclusions -> {{lhs = rhs, ineqs}, ...}", I
can't think of an easy way to do it numerically... maybe something
like "Exclusions -> {{True, <something clever>}}"? Has anyone tackled
this problem before?