Re: Select text with keyboard?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102574] Re: Select text with keyboard?
  • From: Matt <chezng at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 05:32:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Aug 12, 9:35 am, Tomas Garza <tgarz... at msn.com> wrote:
> I've been using the procedure
> "pressing the cursor keys to define
>  the start of the selection then holding down shift and pressing the
>  cursor keys to define the end of the selection"
> (I guess "keys" means "left button") for ages.
> It works as expected, both in input cells and in text cells.
>
> Tomas

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately i still cannot get it to work
as expected although perhaps my expectations are different!

If for instance i enter the text
hello world

and place the cursor before w then press shift + right arrow 3 times
then the wor is selected. That is fine so far.
If i then press shift + left arrow then the space before w gets
selected! I am used to the selection decreasing in size so that only
wo would be selected at this point.

Does text select the same way for anyone else?
Is there any way to change this behaviour?

Thank you,
Matt