Re: Re: Re: Select text with keyboard?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102632] Re: [mg102597] Re: [mg102574] Re: Select text with keyboard?
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 04:05:03 -0400 (EDT)

Usually, when I select part of an expression, I want a full SUBEXPRESSION.
For that, I click anywhere in the expression and double-click,
triple-click, or whatever number of rapid clicks is necessary to select
everything I want. Then I cut or copy to paste it elsewhere, or I start
typing a replacement expression.

In the case of "hello world", I can double-click anywhere in the word
"world" to select the word, or I can triple-click to get the full string.

I can also get any selection I want by clicking at either end of the
selection I want and dragging to the other end... but I usually use the
multi-click method.

I get the same behavior as you if I try what you're doing... but somehow,
I've never wanted to do that.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com