Re: Plot Table of functions does not distinguish colors

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102695] Re: [mg102676] Plot Table of functions does not distinguish colors
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at cox.net>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 07:02:33 -0400 (EDT)

Because Plot has attribute HoldAll.

Attributes[Plot]

{HoldAll,Protected}

Plot[Evaluate[Table[Sin[n x], {n, 1, 3, 1}]], {x, 0, 2 Pi},
 PlotRange -> All, PlotStyle -> Thick]

Bob Hanlon

---- fd <fdimer at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
All, this seems like a simple question, but when I want to create a
table with different function as in the example

Plot[Table[Sin[n x], {n, 1, 3, 1}], {x, 0, 2 Pi}, PlotRange -> All,
PlotStyle -> Thick]

I get all three plots with the same color. If I instead write the
table manually

Plot[{Sin[x], Sin[2 x], Sin[3 x]}, {x, 0, 2 Pi},PlotStyle->Thick]

This gives a different plot with a different color for each plot.

Can anyone shed some light on why this behavior?

Best