random variable

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102833] random variable
  • From: omar bdair <bdairmb at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 05:43:26 -0400 (EDT)

I want to ask, how can I generate a random vaiable from some probability density functions which are not well-known? I mean, if we have some pdf which is not normal, binomial, weibull, ... but the only thing I know that it is a log-concave function, then how can I generate a number of random variables?