Re: simplex representation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg102848] Re: simplex representation
  • From: Clifford Nelson <cjnelson9 at verizon.net>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 06:32:38 -0400 (EDT)

In article <h788s4$bih$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Matthias Greiff <greiff at mac.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> I'm working on evolutionary game theory. To get a nice visualizations
> of my results I'm trying to use a simplex representation, like figure
> 10 on http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/game-evolutionary/. For three
> strategies this is essentially a representation of three differential
> equations. What I'm looking for is a Mathematica function that takes
> the payoffs or the set of differential equations as input and plots
> the simplex representation. Does anyone know whether such a function
> exists? Or is there anyone who is interested in programming such a
> function?
> Thanks,
> Matthias

I call n mutually exclusive things that add up to a constant a mixture
of n things and the mixture is represented by a "perportion list" in the
Mathematica NoteBook TetraGlobe at:

http://library.wolfram.com/infocenter/MathSource/600/

The mutually exclusive things are the vertices of a regular simplex.

  Cliff Nelson

Dry your tears, there's more fun for your ears "Forward Into The Past" 2
PM to 5 PM, Sundays, California time:

http://www.geocities.com/forwardintothepast/

Don't be a square or a blockhead; see:

http://mysite.verizon.net/cjnelson9/index.htm