Re: Non-negative Matrix Factorization

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105392] Re: [mg105370] Non-negative Matrix Factorization
  • From: Daniel Lichtblau <danl at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 04:12:51 -0500 (EST)

Sunt wrote:
> Hi community,
> I'm dealing with a problem which needs NMF(Non-negative Matrix
> Factorization).
> I've looked up the document along with Mathematica, but nothing found.
> And I've tried to implement one function, however, the efficiency is too
> poor in comparison with built-in SingularValueDecompostion[].
> Is there any implement of NMF?
>
> Thank you all!
>
> sunt

If dimensions are modest, could try method posted at URL below.

http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2009/Mar/msg00739.html

One advantage to that method is you might be able to get reasonable
speed if you work with low rank approximations so there are not too many
variables.

Daniel Lichtblau
Wolfram Research