Re: Newbie Qn: Change Directory

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105537] Re: Newbie Qn: Change Directory
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 02:00:38 -0500 (EST)

Jimmy S. Lim wrote:
> Thanks everyone for your assistance and suggestions!
>
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>wrote:
>
>> Thus either of:
>>

>>  SetDirectory["d:\\Jim Directory\\Mathematica"]
>>
>>  SetDirectory["d:/Jim Directory/Mathematica"]

Another handy thing to do is to set the directory to the directory where
the current notebook lives, which you can do like this.

SetDirectory[NotebookDirectory[]]

I do this all the time, and often put SetDirectory[NotebookDirectory[]]
in an initialization cell at the top of the notebook.

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont