Toolbar

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105645] Toolbar
  • From: István <replicatorzed at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 05:38:57 -0500 (EST)

Dear All,

Is it just me or others as well would appreciate a toolbar in Mathematica?
I've missed it at the first time I've encountered Mathematica 4, but, since
then, I've simply got used to the routine to kill the kernel or delete all
output using key-combinations. I wonder why there is no useful toolbar at
all, with these functionalities, and perhaps more. This is a must for all
interactive interfaces from decades now.  Palettes are good, but actually
I never use them, knowing how to access characters and code. And even if
I write a palette to sport the buttons "Kill kernel", "Delete output", I
cannot dock it in the main window, below the file menu. For me it seems
so obvious to have a toolbar, but I don't remember seeing any info or post
about it in the group. Am I missing something here?

Istvan