Re: Animation with Sound in Mathematica?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105699] Re: Animation with Sound in Mathematica?
  • From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 06:16:32 -0500 (EST)

On 12/15/2009 7:27 AM, BenT wrote:
> Thank you very much! That is an excellent educational "code" example
> of how to integrate sound and video, although neither the music nor
> video of your example are what I have in mind<G>.

No, I didn't think my example would be what you have in mind :-). It's
taken from some code I wrote for what is probably the most frivolous use
of Mathematica ever, a little something I call the Pie Machine.

http://www.vermonthorns.org/daveorama/pies/report2009/

Check out the "Video of the Pie Machine Festivities" to see it in
action. 90% of the code (which I stuck in a package) is I/O, and the
rest makes heavy use of RandomChoice.

The really sad thing is, when Mathematica 7 was released, the very first
thing of thought of was using the new speech output for the Pie Machine!

--
Helen Read
University of Vermont