Re: Twitter.m (Twittering With Mathematica) broken?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105883] Re: Twitter.m (Twittering With Mathematica) broken?
  • From: Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2009 02:41:31 -0500 (EST)

ragfield wrote:
> On Dec 21, 5:54 am, Erik Max Francis <m... at alcyone.com> wrote:
>> Has anyone found that Twitter.m has become broken (presumably due to
>> some Twitter API change)?
>>
>>        http://blog.wolfram.com/2009/04/30/twittering-with-mathematica/
>>
>> I now notice that simple calls like TwitterAllFriends/Followers now just
>> grinds, loading more and more pages, until it finally chokes.  I didn't
>> see any obvious email contact information on the Mathematica blog or on
>> how home page.
>>
>> Anyone know if this problem is known?
>
> Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I wasn't aware of the
> problem.  Twitter did indeed make API changes that broke these
> functions:
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/twitter-api-announce/browse_thread/thread/41369cb133175d0f
>
> I have updated the package, which you can download here (both files
> are necessary):
>
> http://ragfield-packages.googlecode.com/hg/Twitter.m
> http://ragfield-packages.googlecode.com/hg/WebUtils.m

Nice, thanks!  I do notice that TwitterAll{Followers|Friends} doesn't
seem to work if I pass both a session and a user/user ID -- I get HTTP
401 errors.  (I don't know if this is new or not.)  Is this expected?

  San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM/Y!M/Skype erikmaxfrancis
   Money talks / But love is for real / And you know that
    -- Neneh Cherry