Importing a PDF file

I often use Mathematica while I work through a journal article, to make
notes and do some of the calculations. Is there a way that I can put a
copy of the PDF into a mathematica notebook? Ideally, I could include
figures and then intersperse the PDF stuff with Mathematica calculations.

Thanks,

Kevin