Re: Map onto one column of a matrix

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96052] Re: Map onto one column of a matrix
  • From: "D. Grady" <D.C.Grady at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 06:32:41 -0500 (EST)

Thanks everyone for all the good suggestions!  I tried a haphazard
timing for several of these; my test case was a 800000 x 2 array where
the first column is a bunch of strings that need to be split apart.
The slowest took about 5 seconds and the fastest about 4, which is a
marginal difference for my purposes.  Daniel W's MapAtLevel I think is
particularly elegant.

-Daniel