simplifying a resulted derivative expression

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96057] simplifying a resulted derivative expression
  • From: kem <kemelmi at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 07:17:21 -0500 (EST)

Hi, I have a function f[ux, uy, vx, vy, wx, wy, u, v, w, x, y]

I am doing different manipulations with this function and the results
I get have expressions like that:

Derivative[0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0, 0][f][ux, uy, vx, vy, wx, wy,
u, v, w, x, y]

which is difficult to understand. The question is how can I substitute
automatically the above expression by: fu ?

(it means I need to see that the derivative is taken over the 7th
argument which is 'u' and write that f is derived with respect to u
which I want to be written as fu)

Can it be done?

Thanks a lot!