Re: Loop programming; how do i do this ???

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg96121] Re: Loop programming; how do i do this ???
  • From: dh <dh at>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 04:41:58 -0500 (EST)

in mathematica you rearly need loops. Instead you do things with

operators. Note that names can not start with an integer. Therefore I

call your 1DArrayVar = one and your 2DArrayCon= two.

First we need to assemble the rows of two that one indicates. This is

easily done:

Now we need to assemble all possible tuples having the the first element

from the first row, second element from second row:

res2= Tuples[res1]

Now we have all the requested arguments and map the function TEST onto them:

Apply[TEST,res2,2] or shorter:

TEST @@@ res2

Everything together on on line:

TEST @@@ Tuples[ two[[one]] ]