Re: Changing Line Color in Plot

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg96115] Re: [mg96084] Changing Line Color in Plot
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 04:40:51 -0500 (EST)

Somehow I suspect you are not showing us everything about how you are making
plots. But what about:

linecolor = Darker@Orange;
Plot[1 + 3 x, {x, 0, 5},
 PlotStyle -> linecolor]

There are many plot and graphics options that go with plots and one usually
needs a liberal use of them to obtain a plot that looks the way you wish.
Some of the options only affect the appearance of the objects (curves or
surfaces say) that are generated, and other options affect the overall
appearance of the plot (such as ImageSize, AspectRatio, Origin, Frame etc.)

David Park
djmpark at

From: Yerex, Robert [mailto:robert.yerex at]

I am trying to change the color of a line in a simple Plot of a function
but want the color to be based on a value outside of that function. Any

Robert P. Yerex, Ph.D., MBA
Chief Economist / Director -  Data Mining
Kronos Incorporated
Talent Management Division
p: 503-596-5015

Experts at Improving the Performance of People and Business(tm)

P Be kind to the environment, please don't print this e-mail unless