Re: most ChemicalData molecule plots missing?

In article <gmndj7$s0k$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Mitch Murphy <mitch at lemma.ca>
wrote:

> i'm getting a lot of missing molecule plots for even the simplest and
> most common molecules in ChemicalData[]...
>
> in[]:=
>
> 	ChemicalData["CarbonMonoxide", "MoleculePlot"]
> 	ChemicalData["NitrogenDioxide", "MoleculePlot"]
>
> out[]=
> 	Missing["NotAvailable"]
> 	Missing["NotAvailable"]
>
> most hydrocarbons are also missing.
>
> is this normal, or could there be something wrong with my mathematica
> install or a cached curated data problem?

[snip]

I tried the above examples with Mathematica 7.0 on a 32-bit Windows XP
Pro SP3 machine and got the same Missing["NotAvailable"] results.

I doubt that your installation might I have been corrupted because
ChemicalData have never been used on my test machine (everything had
been installed anew last week): it took several minutes to get the
initial process completed, displaying the waiting bar "Accessing
server...", "Initializing...", and the like, and nothing at the end :-)

Regards,
--Jean-Marc