Re: most ChemicalData molecule plots missing?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg96212] Re: most ChemicalData molecule plots missing?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 05:36:24 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com>
In article <gmndj7$s0k$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Mitch Murphy <mitch at lemma.ca> wrote: > i'm getting a lot of missing molecule plots for even the simplest and > most common molecules in ChemicalData... > > in:= > > ChemicalData["CarbonMonoxide", "MoleculePlot"] > ChemicalData["NitrogenDioxide", "MoleculePlot"] > > out= > Missing["NotAvailable"] > Missing["NotAvailable"] > > most hydrocarbons are also missing. > > is this normal, or could there be something wrong with my mathematica > install or a cached curated data problem? [snip] I tried the above examples with Mathematica 7.0 on a 32-bit Windows XP Pro SP3 machine and got the same Missing["NotAvailable"] results. I doubt that your installation might I have been corrupted because ChemicalData have never been used on my test machine (everything had been installed anew last week): it took several minutes to get the initial process completed, displaying the waiting bar "Accessing server...", "Initializing...", and the like, and nothing at the end :-) Regards, --Jean-Marc