Manipulating list of functions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96276] Manipulating list of functions
  • From: replicatorzed at gmail.com
  • Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 05:56:06 -0500 (EST)

Dear Group,

I have the following code:

Manipulate[
 funcA[z_] := Sin[z + a];
 funcB[z_] := Cos[z + b];
 funcC[z_] := 0;
 funcList = #[x] & /@ {funcA, funcB, funcC};
 Plot[funcList, {x, 1, 10}, Axes -> False, Frame -> True],
 {a, 0, 1},
 {b, 0, 1}
 ]

It returns the Manipulate panel correctly. What annoys me is the cell
bracket of it that is constantly highlighted, probably because there
is some calculation going on even when I do not move any of the
sliders, due to some function-definitions. I'm afraid I do not fully
understand the cause of it. Nor do I know how to overcome it. Also
what should I do, if I want to move the funcA, funcB, funcC
definitions outside of Manipulate?

Thank you in advance
Istvan