Re: NMinimize Bug in Mathematica 7.0?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg96319] Re: NMinimize Bug in Mathematica 7.0?
- From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 05:23:20 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: The Open University, Milton Keynes, UK
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <gmrm9s$9r0$1 at smc.vnet.net>, "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com> wrote: > In my documentation the first example the result matches the answer I > get.It is the same as you obtain. [snip] And this is this very answer which is bogus because it is not the *global* minimum of the given function, contrary to what is claimed by the text line just above the input cell: "Find the global minimum of an unconstrained problem" (first example in "Basic Examples" from the NMinimize online documentation). Regards, --Jean-Marc