Laplace Transform Exponential Shift

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96411] Laplace Transform Exponential Shift
  • From: Marc <marc_hesse at brown.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:41:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi there,
I have noticed that mathematica 6 does not evaluate the inverse Laplace transform of L(s) = Exp(a s) where s is the transform variable.

InverseLaplaceTransform[Exp[a s],s,t]

is returned unevaluated!

It may need to know that a>=0, but the InverseLaplaceTransform does not allow Assumptions like the LaplaceTransform.

Does anybody know how I can get this to work?