Re: copy/paste of exponents

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96439] Re: [mg96345] copy/paste of exponents
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 03:46:53 -0500 (EST)

Turn off the formatting option which displays emoticons as graphics (what
emoticons have to do with superscripts, I've got no idea).  I believe this is
where you'll find the option setting...

Tools -> Options -> Display -> Formatting -> Plain Text Messages

...although I'm not a Thunderbird user, so that might be a bit off.

This is a very aggravating problem, and if there were anything we could do from
the Mathematica end to work around this, we would.  Unfortunately, I think the
only way to resolve the problem is to become a Thunderbird developer. Heck,
displaying the superscripts wouldn't be absolutely horrible if they would just
put the ^ character on the clipboard when they were copied!

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group