optimization

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96523] optimization
  • From: Francisco Gutierrez <fgutiers2002 at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 03:23:12 -0500 (EST)

Dear Friends:I have the following optimization function:
paso2[individuo_,centro_,m_]:=Module[{largo,u=Array[u,{Length[individuo],Length[centro]}]},largo=Flatten[u];NMinimize[{Total[Flatten[Table[Table[EuclideanDistance[individuo[[k]],centro[[i]]]*u[[k,i]]^m,{k,1,Length[individuo]}],{i,1,Length[centro]}]]], Flatten[MapThread[Equal,{Map[Apply[Plus,#]&,u],Table[1,{Length[u]}]}];MapThread[Greater,{largo,Table[0,{Length[largo]}]}]]},largo]]
in Mathematica 7.
However, this function is obviously not capturing the restriction that u[i,j]+u[i,k]==1For example, u[1,1]+u[1,2] should sum up to 1this restriction corresponding to the following piece of code: Flatten[MapThread[Equal,{Map[Apply[Plus,#]&,u],Table[1,{Length[u]}]}]
How can I solve this?In general, what I am doing wrong so as to not repeat the error?ThanksFrancisco Guti=E9rrez