Re: Re: Dynamic changing of variables

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96508] Re: [mg96365] Re: [mg96314] Dynamic changing of variables
  • From: Patrick Scheibe <pscheibe at trm.uni-leipzig.de>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 03:20:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I just want to say thanks to all for the answers. As I said, I had
already a way to do it, but I was trying to find out how Dynamic(Module)
is intended to be used.
Special thanks goes to John who took the time to write a very clear
explanation which gave (hopefully not only for me) insights from another
than the "how to fix it" viewpoint.

Since John was asking, I'll attach my small sample where I was wondering
how to do it the right way.

Cheers
Patrick

DynamicModule[{lz, ly, beta = 0.5, z0 = 0.5, y0 = 0.5, sol, doCalc},
   sol[beta_, z0_, y0_] :=
  Block[{parms = {v0 -> 1, k -> 10, kf -> 1, v1 -> 7.3, VM2 -> 65,
      VM3 -> 500, K2 -> 1, KR -> 2, KA -> 0.9, m -> 2,
              n -> 2, p -> 4, \[Beta] -> beta}, v2, v3, pde},
   v2 = VM2*(Z[t]^n/(K2^n + Z[t]^n));
         v3 = VM3*(Y[t]^m/(KR^m + Y[t]^m))*(Z[t]^p/(KA^p + Z[t]^p));
   pde = {Derivative[1][Z][t] ==
      v0 + v1*\[Beta] - v2 + v3 + kf*Y[t] - k*Z[t],
             Derivative[1][Y][t] == v2 - v3 - kf*Y[t], Z[0] == z0,
     Y[0] == y0}; {Z, Y} /.
    Flatten[NDSolve[pde /. parms, {Z, Y}, {t, 0, 3}]]];
    doCalc[] := {lz, ly} = sol[beta, z0, y0];
    Column[{Dynamic[
    Plot[{lz[t], ly[t]}, {t, 0, 3}, PlotRange -> {{0, 3}, {0, 2}},
     ImageSize -> 400]],
        Dynamic[
    ParametricPlot[{lz[t], ly[t]}, {t, 0, 3},
     PlotRange -> {{0, 2}, {0, 2}}, ImageSize -> {300, 300}]],
        Row[{"\[Beta]",
     Slider[Dynamic[beta, (beta = #1; doCalc[]) & ], {0, 1}],
     Dynamic[beta]}],
        Row[{"\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(Z\), \(0\)]\)",
     Slider[Dynamic[z0, (z0 = #1; doCalc[]) & ], {0, 1}],
     Dynamic[z0]}],
        Row[{"\!\(\*SubscriptBox[\(Y\), \(0\)]\)",
     Slider[Dynamic[y0, (y0 = #1; doCalc[]) & ], {0, 1}],
     Dynamic[y0]}]}]]