Re: (2/3)[[1]]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96535] Re: (2/3)[[1]]
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 06:54:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> Further, in the documentation page for Part, there is no explicit
> statement that something for which AtomQ returns True does not have
> parts.  Still Further, the documentation for AtomQ says that AtomQ[expr]
> yields True if expr is an expression which cannot be divided into
> subexpressions;

If one understands 'a part of an expression' and 'subexpression' as the
same thing, I would understand the last part of the second sentence to
be just another formulation of the last part of the first.

> The situation begs for clarification!

Maybe the documentation could be improved, so it doesn't use too many
Mathematica specific words which are not clearly defined...

hth,

albert