Re: How to stretch a image

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg96566] Re: How to stretch a image
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 07:00:05 -0500 (EST)

In article <gn8jat$7o0$1 at>,
 "goodhei8 at" <goodhei8 at> wrote:

> such as the size of a image is 100 x 100, I want to make it stretch to
> 200 x 600 (not 1:1). Mathematica give me 200x200 +200x400 blank. I tried
> Padding and Margins, no working : (
> PS, in Mathematica 6.
> Thanks in advance.

Well, with Mathematica 7.0 this is really straightforward since V7 many
new function specially designed for image processing [1]. For instance,

    img = Import["ExampleData/rose.gif"]
    ImageResize[img, {200, 600}]

You could check the Wolfram Demonstrations Project, which contains many
applications about image processing, though quite a lot of them seems t
use extensively Mathematica V7's new features [2].

Sorry for not being more helpful,

[1] "Image Processing & Analysis"

[2] "Wolfram Demonstrations Project"