weird interpolation issues

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg96602] weird interpolation issues
  • From: "Ned Lieb" < at>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:24:19 -0500 (EST)

I'm new to Mathematica and unfortunately am having some issues. I'm trying
to construct a program to create an approximate symbolic function from a
very large list of data points (6900 points, each with five associated
variables). Mathematica is fritzing in two areas: first (this is probably
trivial to fix), parallelization doesn't initialize; second, the lists of
variables I'm extracting from my data table aren't being recognized as data
points Mathematica can interpolate between. I've copied the plaintext of my
source-code with comments explaining what each function is meant to do

Edward Lieb

This is the Function I use to import my table. This seems to work correctly:
I get a list of numbers which matches my data

","LineSeperators"->"/[NewLine]" ,"RepeatedSeperators"->"True"]

This is a function I use to switch rows and columns, so that I have five
lists of values coresponsing to my variables instead of a list of ~60000
points each carrying five values

This defines the last two variables as the real and complex values of the
function I'm trying to create by interpolation

This is supposed to interpolate my imported values into a function

                This is supposed to make a graph of the function I made
above with the function's values being shown by contour density

Checked by AVG.
6:55 AM