Re: Re: Mathematica, ARPACK and implicit matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96620] Re: [mg96592] Re: Mathematica, ARPACK and implicit matrices
  • From: Fernando Cucchietti <fernando.cucchietti at icfo.es>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 06:27:37 -0500 (EST)

That's a good idea, but still I/d like to know if I can get a few
eigenvalues and vectors in Mathematica without writing the matrix down.
This is not the first time I face this problem, but it is the first
one I cannot avoid it. I was trying to find a more general solution,
and using Mathematica's internal algorithms is the only way I know of
keeping efficiency good.

Fernando