Licenses for Sharing Notebooks

I was wondering what kind of licenses are commonly used to distribute
and share Mathematica notebooks, such as tutorials and interactive
lecture notes, without completely setting them into public domain.
>From what I can tell, standard OSS licenses such as GPL with their
focus on compiled binaries do not really seem to be appropriate. Maybe
the different variations of Creative Commons Licenses [http://
creativecommons.org/license/] are a better fit? Could people in this
group share if and why they selected a specific license in a similar
siutation?

Thanks,
Hans-Martin