Re: newbie: diff equation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96927] Re: newbie: diff equation
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 06:14:44 -0500 (EST)

Hi Mike,

obviously f==0 is the correct generic solution. What you are looking for

  is a singular case for m== Integer. Therefore, you must give m

explicitly. But then the problem is not fully specified, we may e.g.

aditionally specify f'[0]:

DSolve[{f''[x] == -9 f[x], f[0] == 0, f[Pi] == 0, f'[0] == 1}, f[x],x]

hope this helps, Daniel