Re: Automatic Numbering in Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95285] Re: [mg95242] Automatic Numbering in Mathematica
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 05:53:37 -0500 (EST)

The Presentations package contains a sub-package called KeyEquations that
allows the users to keep a list of key equations. They can be defined to
display in any style, both for the equation and the label. So you could have
square brackets if you wished. The equations can be recalled at any point
and used as normal equations.

A notebook and PDF file showing an example of this will be posted at Peter
Lindsay's site:

Peter Lindsay at the Mathematical Institute in the University of St Andrews
[ www.mcs.st-and.ac.uk ] has kindly undertaken to maintain an archive that
provides downloadable notebooks and PDF files for various Presentations
solutions that have appeared on MathGroup.

http://blackbook.mcs.st-and.ac.uk/~Peter/djmpark/html/

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: TL [mailto:latev at shaw.ca]

Is there any kind of user control over how the automatic numbering in
Mathematica works?
For example I figured out how to set a cell to have a formula auto
numbered, however I couldn't figure out how to tweak whats actually
displayed there - for instance I'd like to prepend the section number
and replace the default brackets with square ones:

default in Mathematica
(1)
(2)
etc