Re: Re: Mathematica 7 on an Asus Eee PC Laptop?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg95339] Re: [mg95303] Re: Mathematica 7 on an Asus Eee PC Laptop?
- From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 06:07:27 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: drmajorbob at longhorns.com
I was using Mathematica on a laptop, teaching at the University of Texas over 7 years ago. I'm sure you'll have no problem today. (Other than the usual. STUDENTS.) Bobby On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 05:09:06 -0600, Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com> wrote: > In article <gkkevu$gm4$1 at smc.vnet.net>, andynaz at gmail.com wrote: > >> > Has anyone tried running Mathematica 7 on an Asus Eee PC Laptop under >> > Linux? >> >> hi, I have a eeePC900 with eeebuntu (the last one), and Mathematica >> run perfectly... > > Hi Andrea, > > Just out of curiosity, have you run the benchmarks that come with > Mathematica on the netbook? If so, could you, please, report the results > and perhaps write a line or two about your overall experience with the > system. > > I am asking because I was wondering whether a netbook + a CAS > (commercial or open source) could be a suitable replacement of a laptop > in classroom setting (e.g. doing interactive presentations with some > real-time computations or plots of simple expressions or models). > > Best regards, > --Jean-Marc > -- DrMajorBob at longhorns.com