Re: Re: How to modify an Excel file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95434] Re: Re: How to modify an Excel file
  • From: "Tugrul Temel" <temelt at xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2009 05:33:22 -0500 (EST)

Dear Norbert Marxer

I tried to work out the example you have given in your earlier e-mail. It
works fine until the following point... but then I am not able to get the
Charts properly as I receive "$Failed" commands and it seems that I face
with "exceptions" but I do not know how to deal with these exceptions. Could
you tell me if you know..

Tugrul

You can even create a chart:

chartCastSep =
 CastNETObject[workbook[Charts[][Add[]]],
  "Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ChartClass"]
chartCastSep@ChartWizard[srcRange];

If you prefer a XY scatter plot then:

LoadNETType["Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlChartType"]
chartCastSep[
 ChartWizard[srcRange, XlChartType`xlXYScatter, format = 1,
  plotBy = 2, catLab = 1, serLab = 0, hasLegend = True, "Title",
  "CategoryTitle", "ValueTitle", "ExtraTitle"]]