Re: Which editor do you use for math articles
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg95550] Re: Which editor do you use for math articles
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 06:47:08 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com>
In article <gl4a53$gfo$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net> wrote: > >Is TeX a version of HTML, then? > > No. TeX and LaTeX significantly pre-date HTML. About the only > relationship between TeX and HTML is that from the perspective > of the source document you actually create TeX is a markup language. I genuinely hate to toss around so many critical views and comments on this group -- but another deeply _negative_ relationship between HTML and TeX is that the creators of HTML, despite their coming at least inb many cases from intensely technical backgrounds, apparently never consider the possibility of incorporating TeX directly into HTML, as one of its supported formats.