problem with NDSolve in version 7 vs. version 6
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg95652] problem with NDSolve in version 7 vs. version 6
- From: "Robert M. Lurie" <RMLURIE at ALUM.MIT.EDU>
- Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 06:17:11 -0500 (EST)
- References: <4978BF09.6010803@ALUM.MIT.EDU> <49797F7F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: RMLURIE at ALUM.MIT.EDU
I have a particular problem that may have further ramifications. I
have a demonstration on line at Wolfram
In version 6 the plot from NDSolve will "behave" properly up to time
= 53, but in version 7 it fails at much earlier times.
The same result (version 7 not giving a good calculation at later
times compared to version 6) shows up at other "Jacobian constants".
(The same result is shown in Player 6 vs Player 7).
I have posted the attachment on
as a pdf file called Comparison of ver 6 and ver 7.
Robert M Lurie
rmlurie at alum.mit.edu
Prev by Date:
NIntegrate and Plot
Next by Date:
Re: Frames on Density Plots in Version 7
Previous by thread:
Re: NIntegrate and Plot
Next by thread:
two graphs have different color on surface