Re: Which editor do you use for math articles

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95693] Re: [mg95350] Which editor do you use for math articles
  • From: John_V <jvillar.john at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:50:19 -0500 (EST)

I  have been using Adobe FrameMaker for this purpose for years. I thought it
worth mentioning since no one else has yet done so.

FrameMaker provides the conveniences of a word processor type environment
(WYSIWYG, automatic numbering of references, cross referencing for figures,
equation numbers, templates for multicolumn camera-ready papers and other
report formats, etc.) that I find useful when writing a paper. It has its
own equation editor, so I don't think you could cut and paste directly from
Mathematica--though I don't know if that is possible with the alternatives
either.

I have not used TeX (or variants) since I wrote my thesis many years ago, so
I can't compare this option to the more frequently mentioned TeX-related
ones. I'd be interested in comments from anyone who is familiar with both.

John

Although Mathematica 7 is a very powerful peace of software as far as