Re: Re: Which editor do you use for math articles

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95763] Re: [mg95757] Re: Which editor do you use for math articles
  • From: "J. McKenzie Alexander" <jalex at lse.ac.uk>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 06:48:58 -0500 (EST)

There is a program called TeXmacs, which blends elements of Emacs and
TeX:

http://www.texmacs.org/

I've played around with it in the past, but never considered it for
any serious use. I found the documentation to be lacking, and it has a
peculiar file format and imperfect TeX/LaTeX compatibility ? so if a
project got corrupted (or if development stopped on the program),
you'd be out of luck. Besides, computers are so fast these days that
the the time it takes to run a document through LaTeX and refresh the
PDF (or postscript) display are negligible, anyway.

Jason

--
Dr J. McKenzie Alexander
Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method