- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg95896] Re: Looping
- From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 05:56:32 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jeff Albert wrote:
> I have a program written in Mathematica that has been running now for about three days. How can I tell if it's in a loop?
The best approach is to start small, and work your way up to a big
problem like that if necessary. Start by aborting the calculation and
then start testing much smaller examples.
Some Mathematica functions - such as Simplify or FullSymplify - seem to
get stuck in this sort of way - if they do that, they will hang for ever.
Prev by Date:
Re: O(1) in Mathematica
Next by Date:
Re: Conditional list indexing
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Re: Looping