Re: Looping

Jeff Albert wrote:
> I have a program written in Mathematica that has been running now for about three days.  How can I tell if it's in a loop?

The best approach is to start small, and work your way up to a big
problem like that if necessary. Start by aborting the calculation and
then start testing much smaller examples.

Some Mathematica functions - such as Simplify or FullSymplify - seem to
get stuck in this sort of way - if they do that, they will hang for ever.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk