Re: Wolfram | Alpha: Acres per square mile? (oddities)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg101334] Re: Wolfram | Alpha: Acres per square mile? (oddities)
- From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:37:05 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Stanford University
- References: <email@example.com> <200906290330.XAA11765@smc.vnet.net> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
In article <h2cphc$a6j$1 at smc.vnet.net>, Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu> wrote: > Unless, that is, you're more interested in stirring > up some sort of public fuss than you are in making a useful suggestion > to Wolfram|Alpha or register a complaint with them. My useful suggestion was that WRI should assign some knowledgeable person to scan this group periodically, pull out useful user feedback (taking advantage of the fact that the posts on at least some reported problems will already be collected as multiple threaded posts that will be much more useful than individual bug reports coming in randomly and separately), and then immediately distribute to the right people in WRI -- and I've since been assured privately the WRI does do more or less exactly that.