Re: Wolfram | Alpha: Acres per square mile? (oddities)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101334] Re: Wolfram | Alpha: Acres per square mile? (oddities)
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 06:37:05 -0400 (EDT)

In article <h2cphc$a6j$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu> wrote:

> Unless, that is, you're more interested in stirring
> up some sort of public fuss than you are in making a useful suggestion
> to Wolfram|Alpha or register a complaint with them.

My useful suggestion was that WRI should assign some knowledgeable
person to scan this group periodically, pull out useful user feedback
(taking advantage of the fact that the posts on at least some reported
problems will already be collected as multiple threaded posts that will
be much more useful than individual bug reports coming in randomly and
separately), and then immediately distribute to the right people in WRI

-- and I've since been assured privately the WRI does do more or less
exactly that.