3D plot with orthographic projection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101376] 3D plot with orthographic projection
  • From: markus <markusg.phys at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 05:39:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I would like to create a 3D Plot in Mathematica 7 using an
orthographic projection instead of the default stereographic mode. So
far, I have found that it is possible to give something like
"ViewPoint->{0,0,Infinity}" as an option in order to view at the plot
from the top plane, using orthographic projection. But the ViewPoint
option seems to accept only  +/-Infinity for *one* of the directions,
keeping all other zero. However, I would like to look at an
orthographic plot from any viewpoint, just as in the default 3d plots
(that I can rotate with the moue).
Does anybody know how that is possible?

Thanks,
Markus