including specific values in parametric plots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101417] including specific values in parametric plots
  • From: Michael Young <michaelcharlesyoung at earthlink.net>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 23:17:31 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am modeling mechanical components in Mathematica and there are
places, (particularly where these must fit together), where the
geometry of a piece must change.

Can I, (or how would I), instruct Mathematica's ParametricPlot and
ParametricPlot3D symbols to include specific values within the
parameter set, (to be located at the geometric boundaries)?

(e.g.) If X is a parameter being swept between -1 and 1, how would i
instruct Mathematica to include the fixed values 0.522 and 0.824?

Further, if the precise location of a boundary is only known after
parameter X is given; is there a way (based on that information) to
instruct ParametricPlot3D to include a specific value within the range
of the second parameter, Y?

Michael Young