Re: Data conversion

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101655] Re: Data conversion
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 06:58:01 -0400 (EDT)

Get the mathematica code for Calendrica.

http://emr.cs.iit.edu/home/reingold/calendar-book/Calendrica.html

There is a function in this package

ConvertDateTo::usage = "ConvertDateTo[date, calendar] converts the given
calendar date to the specified calendar."

ConvertDateTo[date, "Chinese"]?

Make sure the dates are in Mathematica format {YYYY, MM, DD}

I would make certain that all date fields coming in are transsformed to
Mathematica date format. Use Needs[] or << to load the Calendrica package.

As for the rest Importing and Exporting are in the help file.

Hans

news:h390sb$jvt$1 at smc.vnet.net...