Manipulate[] eval hold until all controls are changed?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101667] Manipulate[] eval hold until all controls are changed?
  • From: divisor <congruentialuminaire at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:33:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hello MathGroup:

I have 3 drop-down list boxes to set parameters in my Manipulate[]
application. After the user changes any one of these, Manipulate
evaluates the first argument. It is a semi-long running application,
so it you want to change 3, the usability is compromised.

Is it possible to make Manipulate[] delay evaluation until all of
these boxes have their value set?

I assume I need some other control to tell Manipulate[] to "do it
now".

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Regards..

Roger Williams
Franklin Laboratory