Remote Kernels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101681] Remote Kernels
  • From: Zach Bjørnson <bjornson at wi.mit.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:35:44 -0400 (EDT)

Hi-

I know this has been discussed in some detail in the past, but don't see
any posts in this specific regard.

I'm trying to set up remote kernels (version 7, using the Remote Kernels
configuration) on Windows and Linux. For now, I was trying to test it by
using the same computer (4 kernels) as the master and as the source of
remote kernels (which might be why I'm having problems). The Mathematica
documentation simply states that "Of course, the remote machines will
need to be configured..." but I'm not sure what to do as far as that
configuration goes. Do I need to set up an RSH daemon on my host and/or
remote machines? Something else?

All I've done so far was enter a static IP address in the host name and
enable it. (I set it to use two kernels, and reduced the number of local
kernels to two, so there shouldn't be overlap.)

Thanks,
Zach