Re: Manipulate eval hold until all controls are changed?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg101728] Re: [mg101667] Manipulate eval hold until all controls are changed?
- From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
- Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2009 07:11:21 -0400 (EDT)
- Reply-to: jfultz at wolfram.com
On Tue, 14 Jul 2009 05:33:06 -0400 (EDT), divisor wrote: > Hello MathGroup: > > I have 3 drop-down list boxes to set parameters in my Manipulate > application. After the user changes any one of these, Manipulate > evaluates the first argument. It is a semi-long running application, > so it you want to change 3, the usability is compromised. > > Is it possible to make Manipulate delay evaluation until all of > these boxes have their value set? > > I assume I need some other control to tell Manipulate to "do it > now". > > Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated. > > Regards.. > > Roger Williams > Franklin Laboratory If you set the Manipulate option ContinuousAction->None, it will automatically add an Update button and never update the Manipulate unless that button is pressed. Sincerely, John Fultz jfultz at wolfram.com User Interface Group Wolfram Research, Inc.